The Successful Integration of Food & Beverage Within Retail Real Estate
Chapter 1: Introduction and framing the research
Chapter 2: How do the business models of foodservice operators
differ from retailers within shopping centers?
Chapter 3: What are the implications for real estate?
- Implications for leasing Sustainable rental levels
- Implications for asset management Creating the right space/concept Location and integration with retail/leisure Operational challenges Break out section: Food court service charge Conclusion: Proactivity and dynamism…
- Implications for valuation/investment Historically, foodservice was penalized
Chapter 4: How can landlords benchmark the
performance of foodservice tenants?
- Direct performance/benefits
- Indirect performance/benefits Shopper traffic, dwell time and overall property sales Other indirect benefits of foodservice
Chapter 5: How can this be achieved in practice?
- Large destination shopping centers
- Smaller neighborhood shopping centers
- Mixed-use properties
Chapter 6: What is the future outlook for the foodservice
sector within shopping centers?
- Consumers driving new food uses and concepts
- Technology: an enabler and disruptor
- Other risks and challenges
- Is the trend for more food permanent or cyclical?